Friday, March 7, 2008

The Levi Strauss & Co. Interview--Sales Candidates

I asked a member of the HR department at Levi Strauss & Co. how he finds passive sales candidates for the company. This is what he said.

If you want to tell us how you find passive sales candidates, just reply.


"I have recruited passive sales candidates through a variety of indirect methods. I usually start by scouring the web sites of competing companies for press releases, white papers etc. that discuss particularly noteworthy customer success stories and testimonials.

You know going in that this will have been large sales because the company is not going to use small deals as a measure of their value. At this point I'll either call whomever was quoted on behalf of the customer and see if they'll tell me who their sales rep was on the deal or call that company's Accounts Payable office and ask them.

The folks in A/P can usually look up the sales rep's name on the contract or PO."

No comments: