Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Maria Colom-Moreno--Her Perspective on Finding Passive Candidates

Maria Colom-Moreno of Timothy James Consulting got back to me with her own comments on her unique way of finding passive candidates, highlighting some of the advantages of hiring a recruiter that specializes.

"For me it's all about talking to people. For example on average I speak to around 40 Project/Program Managers and CTO's a day, to find out what is important to them in a role and what may interest them in terms of a new position. Internet research and referrals from existing candidates have also proved incredibly useful in this.

Networking and building relationships with people whether or not they are currently looking, allows me to keep a finger on the pulse of the market and gain access to those essential "passive" candidates, as well as ensuring that I am the first person they come to if they decide to actively seek new employment."

No comments: